BG Engineering & Services SA ("BG Engineering") is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated.
From time to time, BG Engineering may make changes to this privacy statement to reflect changes in its business or to serve you better. BG Engineering will use reasonable efforts to publish any such changes in the privacy statement, such as posting on this website. You should review this policy periodically to inform yourself of any changes. Please note the date of the policy below, so that you know when it was last updated. Users are bound by the then-current version of this privacy statement.
BG Engineering protects your privacy on www.bluegreenholdings.com through these basic principles:
1.You will be advised when BG Engineering is collecting information about you or your online preferences and expectations and it will be made clear how that information is to be used.
2.You will be able to choose whether or not you want to provide that information. If you choose not to provide some information, for example to enable confirmation of credit status, it may not be possible for you to proceed with your chosen business activity with BG Engineering.
3.Any information collected about you will be secure and not shared with any third parties, unless you give prior permission for that information to be shared. However, BG Engineering may have to disclose personally identifiable information it considers necessary in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, governmental or law enforcement requests, or to a third party to which ownership of BG Engineering is transferred via an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, etc. Information may be shared with and transferred to BG Engineering affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers, but only when necessary to fulfill your request. We maintain safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We restrict access to your information to those who need to know the information in order to respond to your request.
4.In the event that personal information is retained following the completion of your request, BG Engineering will maintain a process for changing or having such information deleted. To update your information or request that it be deleted, please contact us at the address listed below. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions regarding any change to your personal information or if you would like us to delete you from our database. In the event you choose to delete your personal information from our database, we will retain a record of such information as well as your request for deletion as evidence of our compliance with this privacy statement.
5.BG Engineering's website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites. You will be informed when linking to an external site.
6.For the most part, you can visit this website without revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers do not collect e-mail addresses unless you provide it to us. We do collect the domain name from which the connection originates. This information is used in the aggregate to measure pages viewed, the amount of time spent on the site and the number of visits. We use this information to improve the contents of our website.
7.This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not solicit or encourage the transmission of information from or about children.
8.International visitors to the BG Engineering site should be aware that personal information may be transferred to computers in the United States or other locations in order to fulfill your request.
Because BG Engineering offers a wide range of online business opportunities for its customers, the amount of information BG Engineering needs to collect in order to serve you in a particular business transaction will sometimes vary from case to case. Regardless of the amount of information collected, the principles listed above will apply. Wherever BG Engineering collects personal information, you will find a link to an BG Engineering privacy statement. If you choose not to provide some information, for example to enable confirmation of credit status or contact information to permit sending you requested information, it may not be possible for you to proceed with your chosen business activity with BG Engineering.
BG Engineering’s Safe Harbor Privacy Principles Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
BG Engineering & Services SA (“BG Engineering”) recognizes and respects the privacy rights of individuals with regards to Personal Information the company obtains about them. As part of its compliance with European privacy laws, BG Engineering participates in the International Safe Harbor Program established by the United States, the European Union, and Switzerland (see www.export.gov/safeharbor) for the purpose of regulating the transfer of Personal Information from Europe to the United States.
BACKGROUND:These privacy principles consolidate earlier principles issued under previous certifications by BG Engineering and expand the scope.
SCOPEThese principles apply to all Personal Information received by BG Engineering from Europe under its consolidated Safe Harbor certification.
DEFINITIONSPersonal Information: Personal Information is any information about an identified or identifiable individual, regardless of the medium or format in which the information is stored.
Sensitive Information:Sensitive Information is Personal Information treated in European data protection laws as posing special risks to individuals, such as information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health, or sex life. Other categories of personal data subject to special protections in some European countries include information about criminal history, civil judgments, administrative sanctions, government security measures, government-issued ID numbers, biometric data, genetic data, geo-location data, personality profiling, and information in the context of “whistleblowing.”
Data Controller:A data controller is a party or entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Information. A company functions as a data controller when it decides how such data is to be used, and then uses that data accordingly.
Data Processor:A data processor is a party or entity that processes Personal Information on behalf of a data controller. A company functions as a data processor when it acts as an agent of another company, following its instructions as to how that data should be handled and processed.
BG ENGINEERING’S ROLES IN HANDING PERSONAL DATAFor some Personal Information covered by these principles, BG Engineering acts as a data controller, making decisions about the purposes and means of processing of the information received from Europe, and then using the data for those purposes. For other Personal Information, BG Engineering acts as a data processor, maintaining data in its North American Data Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania solely on behalf of its European subsidiaries and affiliates.
APPLICABLE PRINCIPLESA. BG Engineering as a Data Controller With respect to Personal Information received from Europe where BG Engineering operates as a data controller (i.e., makes decisions about the purposes and means of processing of the information), BG Engineering handles such information in accordance with the seven Safe Harbor Privacy Principles (Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement). A full statement of these principles, summarized below, may be found on the Safe Harbor website of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce at www.export.gov/safeharbor/eg_main_018247.asp.
1. NoticeBG Engineering informs individuals about the purposes for which it collects and uses information about them, how to contact BG Engineering with any inquiries or complaints, the types of third parties to which it discloses the information, and the choices and means BG Engineering offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of this information. This notice is provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to BG Engineering or authorize BG Engineering to collect the information from third parties (or as soon thereafter as practicable) and before BG Engineering uses such information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
2. ChoiceBG Engineering collects and uses Personal Information required to operate its business. Such collection and use is subject to the Notice principle described above and in most circumstances does not require the explicit consent of the individual. However, BG Engineering obtains the individual’s consent before: (a) disclosing Personal Information to a third party (other than disclosure to an agent or contractor processing the data solely on BG Engineering’s behalf, or disclosure required by law). (b) using Personal Information for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Where consent is required, Individuals are provided with clear and conspicuous, readily available, and affordable mechanisms to exercise choice. These mechanisms may normally be “opt-out” (BG Engineering may proceed absent an objection from the individual within a reasonable time), but if the data include Sensitive Information (as defined above), BG Engineering will not proceed without the express (“opt-in”) consent of the individual.
3. Onward TransferBG Engineering discloses Personal Information externally only to third-party contractors or agents that process the data on BG Engineering’s behalf; to satisfy government reporting requirements; to meet other legal obligations; to assert or defend legal claims or interests; or with the consent of the individual. Before making disclosure to a third party, BG Engineering will first apply the Notice and Choice principles as described above. Unless the disclosure is legally required (such as tax reporting or responding to a judicial subpoena), BG Engineering also ensures that the third party is obligated (by law, contract, or its own Safe Harbor certification) to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by these principles. Where BG Engineering contracts with third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, BG Engineering’s policy is to contractually obligate the third parties to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they receive; to act upon it only in accordance with the instructions they receive from BG Engineering and/or the client; and to handle the information strictly in accordance with these principles.
4. SecurityBG Engineering takes reasonable precautions, including administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures, to safeguard Personal Information against loss, misuse, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. BG Engineering’s security policies, operating procedures, and technical controls, where applicable, generally adhere to commonly accepted standards for security of networks, infrastructure, applications, and data.
5. Data IntegrityBG Engineering limits its collection of Personal Information to that which is relevant for the intended business and legal purposes. BG Engineering does not use the data in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, BG Engineering takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
6. AccessBG Engineering provides individuals an opportunity to access Personal Information about them and to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, out-of-date or irrelevant, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
7. EnforcementBG Engineering will cooperate with European data protection authorities, the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, relevant state or provincial agencies, and law enforcement and judicial authorities in investigating any privacy complaints or suspected violations of privacy laws or BG Engineering’s International Safe Harbor commitments, as well as in rectifying any noncompliant practices. Employees or contractors who violate the terms of these principles may be subject to disciplinary consequences up to and including termination of employment or termination or non-renewal of contract, in addition to any other legal measures that may be taken by BG Engineering, its clients, or the affected individuals and their representatives.
B. BG Engineering as a Data ProcessorWith respect to Personal Information received from Europe where BG Engineering operates as a data processor, all access to and use of such data is controlled by the BG Engineering European subsidiaries and affiliates collecting the data. Staff in BG Engineering’s North American Data Center have no access to, and make no use of, such data. Their sole function is to provide the limited technical support needed to run the systems on BG Engineering servers for the benefit of authorized users in Europe. In accordance with the provisions of Safe Harbor’s FAQ 10 – Article 17 contracts, BG Engineering has entered into a contract with each of its European subsidiaries and affiliates that control data in one of the supported systems. Under the terms of this contract, BG Engineering is obligated to process the data only in accordance with instructions from the exporting European business entity and to provide an appropriate level of security for the data. The principles underlying these requirements can be summarized as follows:
1. Limits on ProcessingBG Engineering acts strictly as an “arms-length” data processor with respect to data in the supported systems referenced above, with the sole responsibility of keeping the systems up and running. BG Engineering does not have the authority to access or use the Personal Information in these systems. North American Data Center staff who attempt to bypass security protocols and policies in order to access Personal Information are subject to dismissal and prosecution.
2. SecurityBG Engineering takes reasonable precautions, including administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures, to safeguard Personal Information against loss, misuse, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. BG Engineering’s security policies, operating procedures and technical controls, where applicable, generally adhere to commonly accepted standards for security of networks, infrastructure, applications and data.
As indicated in FAQ 10, BG Engineering’s European subsidiaries and affiliates, as data controllers with respect to the data, remain responsible for following other privacy principles or provisions required by local laws, such as those relating to notice, choice, data integrity, access, etc.